By: Steve Rauscher
MONTGOMERY Half of the district’s 16 modular classrooms, or trailers, were opened Monday, assistant to the Superintendent Jack Rotter said.
Six trailers at the Middle School and two at the High School received their certificates of occupancy last week and were open for classes, 11 days after the first day of school.
Superintendent Stuart Schnur has attributed the delays to installation problems with the trailers’ fire-alarm software.
The final eight trailers intended to house the High School’s math department received certificates of occupancy this week, but still needed to be integrated into the district’s communications network. Mr. Rotter said they are expected to be open Monday.
The trailers were installed to keep class sizes small in the face of growing enrollment while a new high school is built.

