James Elmi, 37, of New Hope was arrested on fugitive warrants Friday after the car he was riding in was stopped for a motor vehicle violation.
Police stopped the vehicle on Route 179 after a check revealed it was unregistered, police said. They recognized Mr. Elmi, who was a passenger, from a wanted persons notice sent a month before.
He was arrested on criminal warrants issued by Princeton Borough on charges of stalking and harassment. He also had an outstanding traffic warrant issued by Ewing Township.
He was turned over to Princeton Borough after being unable to post $12,682 cash bail.
Ronald Tillett III, 22, of Stockton was arrested May 10 on an outstanding criminal warrant issued by Hunterdon County Superior Court.
Police arrested Mr. Tillett after seeing him enter a business on Cherry Street. The warrant was issued for failure to appear on drug distribution charges from Lambertville.
He was taken to Hunterdon County Jail where he was held without bail.
Joseph Gazzillo Jr., 50, of Lambertville was arrested on an active traffic warrant Saturday.
Police arrested Mr. Gazzillo after seeing him on Route 165.
The warrant was issued by Ewing Township for failing to appear on drunken driving charges.
He was turned over to Ewing Township police after being unable to post $2,000 bail.
Christopher Hayes, 21, of Lambertville was arrested May 12 on active traffic warrants.
Police stopped Mr. Hayes on Bridge Street after recognizing him.
The warrants, issued by Lambertville, West Amwell and Stockton, were for failure to appear on traffic charges.
Mr. Hayes was released after posting $797 cash bail.
Joseph Givens, 41, of Wind Gap, Pa., was arrested on an active warrant after being stopped for speeding May 12.
Police stopped Mr. Givens on North Franklin Street for going 52 mph in a posted 25-mph zone.
The warrant was issued for failing to appear on speeding charges in Ridgefield Park, N.J. He was released on $227 bail and charged with speeding.
Deserie Bamrick, 36, of New Hope turned herself in on an active traffic warrant May 11.
Ms. Bamrick posted $120 bail for failing to appear on traffic charges stemming from Lambertville.
Robert Ferrono, 45, of Lambertville turned himself in on an outstanding traffic warrant Saturday.
Mr. Ferrono paid $120 bail for failing to appear on traffic charges from Lambertville.
May 23 to June 5, law enforcement officers throughout New Jersey will be stepping up enforcement and education of the state’s seat belt law.
This campaign comes as part of the nationwide Click It or Ticket mobilization.
The goal of the program is to increase the statewide safety belt usage rate to 85 percent. The current safety belt usage rate in New Jersey is 82 percent, and the rate has steadily risen during the last seven years.
More than 42,000 motor vehicle fatalities occurred in the United States in 2003, the last year for which complete statistics are available. In 2003, there were 747 motor vehicle fatalities in New Jersey. More than half of the motor vehicle occupants killed were not wearing a safety belt.
Safety belt use is particularly important for teens and young adults. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for people ages 15-34 in the United States.
During the mobilization period, city police will conduct a zero tolerance safety belt enforcement campaign. Motorists who are not buckled up will be issued a ticket.
This agency is committed to the Click It or Ticket strategy. Tickets are a strong deterrent, and the results are meaningful: fewer deaths on the roads.
Saturday at 1:30 p.m., there was a one-vehicle accident on Aquetong Road, east of Solebury Mountain Road.
John J. Kinkade, 45, of Stoney Hill Road, Solebury, was going east on Aquetong Road when he tried to stop to miss an animal crossing the road, police said. The vehicle went off the road and struck a utility pole.
Mr. Kinkade was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment of injuries. The vehicle was towed.
Sunday at 2:45 p.m., there was a one-vehicle accident on Route 32, north of Chapel Road.
The driver, Francis M. Pagliarulo, 56, was going north on Route 32 when he lost control on a curve, crossed into the southbound lane, went off the road and struck a fence and tree.
No injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed.
May 10 at 9:30 p.m., there was a one-vehicle accident on Route 32.
The vehicle, a Toyota convertible, was going north on Route 32 when the driver, Michael S. Luczyszyn, 47, of Pidcock Creek Road, New Hope, lost control, left the road and struck a utility pole, police said.
No injuries were reported, but the vehicle had to be towed.

