Owners to appear before Borough Council
after intoxicated customer served alcohol
By:Donna Lukiw
The Northside Lounge, a bar on Brooks Boulevard, was charged with two Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) violations Oct. 30 because of one incident that occurred on Sept. 23.
"It stemmed from an open container arrest," Detective Lt. John Crater said.
Police said James Bodo, 32, of North Ninth Avenue, walked out of the bar with an open container and the bar staff later served him alcohol even though he was already intoxicated.
"He was hanging out outside of the place," Lt. Crater said about Mr. Bodo.
The Northside Lounge staff was charged with allowing an open container of alcohol to leave the licensed premises and serving an intoxicated individual.
According to Lt. Crater, this is the first time Northside Lounge has violated ABC laws but the charge includes a required appearance before the Borough Council and an ABC hearing.
The establishment’s owners will appear before the Borough Council, Monday.
The ABC reviews reports of violations of alcohol laws and regulations, according to the attorney general’s Web site.
Upon a determination of a violation, ABC institutes disciplinary proceedings but the type of violation charged and penalty imposed depends on the violation and prior history of the club.
Continuous violations can lead to a suspension of the liquor license, monetary offers in lieu of suspension or revocation of license as occurred earlier this year to the owners of the Mi Casita restaurant.
Less serious infractions, especially when committed by first offenders, are dealt with by monetary penalties and warnings.

