18-year-old killed in two-car accident
By Sean Ruppert, Staff Writer
An 18-year-old Dayton woman died in a two-car accident at 2:58 a.m. Friday on Route 1 near Black Horse Lane.
Two others were injured in the accident and a utility pole was knocked over.
Police had not determined as of Friday how the accident occurred.
According to Detective Jim Ryan, police spokesman, Kylie Pinheiro had been riding in the front passenger seat. The driver and a back-seat passenger were taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick.
Detective Ryan said Friday that at least one of them was in serious condition.
The names of the injured have not been released.
The crash involved a second automobile that was being driven by a woman who was riding alone, Detective Ryan said. He says that the cause of the accident has yet to be determined.
The driver of the second car was treated by medical professionals, and then released. Detective Ryan said the woman was being questioned by police about the incident at noon today (Friday) and that officers were interviewing other witnesses.
The accident caused traffic delays through out the morning in both directions.
Police said taht Ms. Pinheiro was a 2007 graduate of South Brunswick High School who was active with the soccer and swim teams. She was home from college for the holidays.
The accident is under investigation. Police are asking that direct inquiries be made to the Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Nicholas Sewitch at 732-745-2606.
Check www.packetonline.com and click on the South Brunswick Post link for updates and turn to the South Brunswick Post on Thursday for full coverage.

