By Kristine Snodgrass, Staff Writer
MONTGOMERY — A Somerset County grand jury has returned an indictment charging a Montgomery man with first degree attempted murder stemming from a beer bottle stabbing last month.
Nicholas Ortiz Espinoza, 40, is accused of disemboweling roommate Artemio Medina with the bottle during an argument Sept. 14 at a Camp Meeting Road residence. He fled in a pickup truck that was later found abandoned in Princeton Borough, and he remains a fugitive, police said.
Mr. Espinoza was also indicted on charges of third degree aggravated assault and third degree possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose.
Stabbing victim Artemio Medina, 43, who police found collapsed on a rear patio of the residence after the attack, was released from the hospital after emergency surgery and several weeks of recovery.
Mr. Espinoza also cut another man, David Cruz, in the hand with the beer bottle when Mr. Cruz tried to intervene, police said.
County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest and the township’s police director, Capt. Robert Palmer, request anyone with information contact the township police at 908-359-2222, or the prosecutor’s office at 908-231-7100.
A reward of $500 is offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Mr. Espinoza.

