MANVILLE: Deadline for school board hopefuls to file is Monday

By Eileen Oldfield, Staff Writer
   Three residents filed for the Board of Education’s opens seats so far, though the names won’t be released until after Monday’s filing deadline.
   ”They’re starting to come in, but I don’t release them until then (March 2),” Business Administrator and Board Secretary Richard Reilly said.
   Seats held by Herman Brunn, Ned Panfile and Andrew Zangara will be open this year. School board candidates must file their intent to run by 4 p.m. Monday to be placed on the April 21 ballot, Mr. Reilly said.
   Residents must file a petition, signed by ten registered voters, with the central office, and meet state set-voting criteria.
   Criteria include being at least 18 years old, citizens of the United States, must be able to read and right, cannot be disqualified as a voter under New Jersey State Law, must have no current claims against the board, must be a resident of Manville for at least a year, and must be registered to vote in Manville.
   Petitions can be picked up at any school district’s central office, including the Manville Board of Education office in Roosevelt School, Mr. Reilly said.