MONTGOMERY: Restaurant owner says he’ll rebuild

By Kristine Snodgrass, Staff Writer
   MONTGOMERY — The owner of the Route 206 restaurant that burned down last month is planning to begin rebuilding right away although the cause of the fire still is under investigation.
   The former County Line Inn restaurant burned down at about 3 a.m. on a Sunday morning last month, according to police. County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said today, Friday, that the cause and origin of the fire still is under investigation.
   Flames spread from the lower level of the structure upward through a stairwell and an elevator shaft. The first floor became completely engulfed, and the intensity of the fire caused the roof and floor to collapse.
   Firefighters were forced to bring in an excavator to remove the remaining walls so the fire could be extinguished.
   The building, which has housed a string of different restaurants over the years, was owned and being renovated by Tusk LLC, owned by Christopher Chang.
   John Cheng, his father, said an architect has been hired to design the new facility, a planned restaurant and catering business.
   ”We’re looking to rebuild right away,” he said. “We’re working with the insurance company right now to settle the claims.”
   He said he hopes to get the demolition permit next week and begin cleaning up the site with a goal of opening later this year.
   Jack Marold, the township’s construction code official, said Thursday afternoon that Mr. Cheng picked up the paperwork for a demolition permit, but had not returned it.