By Stephanie Vaccaro, Staff Writer
MONTGOMERY The Montgomery Township fireworks display has officially been scheduled for Thursday, June 30.
George Jarvis, fireworks committee chairman, declined to comment how much money has been raised thus far, though they have not yet met their goal of $32,000.
But, he said, “We’re a definite go.”
”We will be putting on a splendid show for the township,” said Mr. Jarvis.
The organizers are expecting attendance to be approximately 5,000.The festivities will be from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at the Montgomery High School fields culminating in a fireworks celebration at dusk. The evening will have games, displays, music and food.
Last year no celebration was held due to municipal budget constraints. This annual event is now supported entirely by private and corporate donations.
”I am thrilled that a great small town celebration of our freedom and a fun community wide Montgomery event will be up and running once again,” said Mayor Mark Caliguire. “The volunteer committee who stepped up to get this done have done an outstanding job, and I can’t thank them enough. But we are not done with the fund-raising effort yet, so I would encourage businesses or individuals to continue to make donations. I would also encourage residents who plan on attending the event to go to the fireworks committee website and purchase a parking pass since only vehicles with passes will be able to park in the high school lot.”
Parking passes for the Montgomery High parking lot can be purchased for $15. Parking pass sales are in advance only and are the only way to park at the high school. No parking passes will be sold at the event. Donations of $100 include a VIP parking pass.
Community groups, residents, and businesses interested in taking part in fund-raising are still welcome to join the team.
Send an email to [email protected] or call Mr. Jarvis at (347) 385-5578.
For more information see www.montgomeryfireworks.com or call Montgomery recreation at 609-466-3023.

