ROBBINSVILLE: Man’s $300,000 bail revoked for violating restraining order

By Joanne Degnan, Staff Writer
   ROBBINSVILLE — A 40-year-old Robbinsville man awaiting trial on charges he engaged in sexual conduct with a 12-year-old in 2009 had his $300,000 bail revoked after being arrested last week for allegedly stalking the same girl.
   Darren Maglione was arrested at his Windswept Drive home in Robbinsville around 8:45 p.m. on May 19, about five hours after he allegedly followed the girl, now 14, with a Porsche SUV while she was jogging, according to Casey DeBlasio, a spokesperson for the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office.
   The girl was jogging in Hamilton "and noticed Mr. Maglione’s vehicle parked on a side street,” Ms. DeBlasio said Monday. “After she jogged by, he began to follow her in his car, and as he passes her, he began screaming to her through his open window ‘I love you’ and ‘Does this mean we’re over?’ He kept yelling this continuously. She then turned around and ran home.”
   The Hamilton police were called and the girl’s father showed the arriving officers a copy of the restraining order that prohibited Mr. Maglione from having any contact with the girl. Mr. Maglione was taken into custody at his home by Hamilton and Robbinsville police officers later that night and was still being held Monday in the Mercer County jail in Hopewell Township.
   ”His bail has been revoked,” Ms. DeBlasio said Monday. “There are no hearings scheduled at this point.”
   The February restraining order prohibited Mr. Maglione from having any personal, written or electronic contact with the girl. He also was barred from going near her home or school, or from causing others to follow or harass her. The restraining order was sought because Mr. Maglione had allegedly tried to contact the girl using fake screen names on social networking websites.
   Mr. Maglione is accused of engaging in sexual conduct with the girl at various times and locations over a six-month period in 2009 when she was 12. He was arrested at his home in November 2010 and subsequently charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault (first degree), one count of sexual assault (second degree), and one count of endangering the welfare of a child.
   The case began when a West Windsor resident reported seeing Mr. Maglione and the child in a woods, thought it was suspicious, and reported it to West Windsor police, the prosecutor’s office said. An investigation led West Windsor and Robbinsville police to execute a search warrant inside Mr. Maglione’s Robbinsville home in January 2010 and he was subsequently charged with computer-related theft and stalking for allegedly installing spyware on the child’s computer. According to the prosecutor’s office, the computer software was capable of capturing keystrokes, taking photographs and recording sound.
   A two-count indictment was returned against Mr. Maglione in September 2010 on the stalking and computer-related theft charges and he is still awaiting trial in that case. The more serious charges contained in the November 2010 criminal complaint have not been presented yet to a grand jury, Ms. DeBlasio said Monday.
   As a result of the alleged incident last week, Mr. Maglione also has been charged with contempt of court for violation of a restraining order, harassment and stalking, Ms. DeBlasio said.
   Mr. Maglione’s attorney, Robin Lord, could not immediately be reached for comment on Monday afternoon.