f18d8c26c9c97c26f108c5dd454b98ab.jpg

SOUTH BRUNSWICK: Local man charged with Blackhorse break-in

By Charles W. Kim, Managing Editor
   A Kendall Park man was charged last week with breaking into a Blackhorse Lane residence, according to police.
   Sgt. James Ryan said police charged 31-year-old Anthony Borelli of Kendall Park with the burglary of the residence July 27.
   According to Sgt. Ryan, police had been seeking Mr. Borelli in connection with several area burglaries.
   Detectives Ken Herman and Mike Pellino went to the Kendall Park home of one of Mr. Borelli’s relatives on Friday, Sgt. Ryan said.
   After being told by the relative that Mr. Borelli was not at home, police were given permission to search the premises, according to Sgt. Ryan.
   The detectives then reportedly found Mr. Borelli in a back bedroom closet, according to police.
   Police allege that Mr. Borelli broke into the home on Blackhorse Lane and then sold items taken in the alleged burglary to people that he knew, police said.
   Detectives eventually recovered a crossbow reportedly taken in the theft from a man in North Brunswick.
   Mr. Borelli was charged with receiving stolen property and lodged in the Middlesex County Adult Correction Center in North Brunswick in lieu of $2,500 bail, police said.
   Police are asking residents to call them at at 732-329-4000, extension 7496 if they have information about Mr. Borelli.