PRINCETON: University student charged with taking ‘sexually explicit’ photos

By Philip Sean Curran, Staff Writer
   A student from Australia at Princeton University allegedly took “sexually explicit” photographs of another male student who had fallen asleep in a dormitory after drinking alcohol, borough police said Monday.
   Richard Charles Tuckwell, 20, was charged with third-degree invasion of privacy in that he allegedly used a camera phone to take “several” pictures of the 19-year-old inside 1939 Hall on Sept. 16, police claimed. He turned himself in at Borough Police Headquarters on Friday, police Capt. Nicholas K. Sutter said in a phone interview Monday.
   Released on his own recognizance, he is scheduled to be arraigned Oct. 1 in borough Municipal Court, Capt. Sutter said.
   Mr. Tuckwell’s lawyer, Arnold Mellk, could not be reached for comment Monday.Mr. Tuckwell and the alleged victim, who were acquainted with each other, had met at a party earlier in the day, police said. While the police press release does not specify the location of the party, it was “Lawn Party” weekend” at the Ivy League school, police said.
   Based on their investigation, authorities said the two men went back to the dormitory, although police would not say if either of them lived there. After some drinks, the victim fell asleep only to wake up to find Mr. Tuckwell allegedly photographing him, police claimed.
   Police would not elaborate on the content of those pictures but said in the release that there is “no indication at this point” that the photos were distributed. They also said they continue to investigate the victim’s claim of being sexually assaulted.
   The university public safety department notified local police of the incident after it allegedly occurred. Police and the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office investigated.