By Philip Sean Curran, Staff Writer
PLAINSBORO – A Superior Court judge on Friday reduced the bail for the emergency room technician accused of committing sexual-related offenses on two female patients at University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro.
Judge Diane Pincus, sitting in Middlesex County, lowered the bail on Edher Osorio from $200,000 to $100,000 with no 10 percent option, records at the Middlesex County Adult Correction Center showed Monday. Mr. Osorio was in the jail as of Monday morning, where he has been since his arrest Nov. 24 at his Princeton home.
Jim O’Neill, a spokesman for Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce J. Kaplan, had no comment Monday on the judge’s decision.
During last week’s bail motion before the judge, Mr. Osorio was represented by Princeton-based criminal defense lawyer Kim A. Otis, a former head of the sexual and child abuse unit at the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office and later the municipal prosecutor in Princeton Borough and the Township.
Mr. Otis’ office on Monday said that he no longer represents Mr. Osorio, although it was not immediately known who the new attorney is.
Mr. Osorio, 30, has been charged with sexually assaulting a 36-year-old patient in June and then forcing a 60-year-old patient to sexually touch him on Nov.23. Both women had been brought to the emergency room, although the Prosecutor’s Office has not disclosed what their medical conditions were.
In a statement released Nov. 26, the hospital said Plainsboro police and the Middlesex County sex crimes unit investigated the June incident and “did not find reason to charge the employee with a crime.” The hospital also said Mr. Osorio returned to work after the investigation was over.
Mr. O’Neill had no comment on the hospital’s statement nor would he say if Mr. Osorio had confessed to the crimes. He said the investigation is “continuing.”
The hospital has said Mr. Osorio had passed a criminal background check and a pre-employment reference check.

