Category: Sentinel-NBS News
-

Former N.B. worker is charged with fraud Joseph DiPane also faces charge of official misconduct A former North Brunswick employee was charged last week in connection with fraudulent vouchers he submitted in February. Joseph DiPane, former recreation supervisor and an employee of the departments of Human Services and Parks and Recrea-tion, faces counts of official…
-

The champs JEFF HUNTLEY Members of the North Brunswick High School Raider Robotics Team, (l-r) seniors Dan Braido and Mark Lauri and team captain Randy Weston, demonstrate the robot’s skills during a rally at the high school Tuesday celebrating the team’s national championship.
-

Water key to West Nile bug S.B. Health Dept. to air video to inform residents Y ou have more power than you think in dealing with the common mosquitoes that can carry the West Nile virus. "Water is the key," Middlesex County Mosquito Extermination Commissioner Rod Schmidt said at Tuesday’s Board of Health portion of…
-

South Brunswick Upper Elementary School students shoot dice during a rehearsal of "Guys & Dolls," which they performed last weekend at the Georges Road school. JERRY WOLKOWITZ
-

S.B. council kills draft of holiday display ordinance SOUTH BRUNSWICK — The Township Council will not introduce an ordinance banning religious holiday displays in South Brunswick. "I don’t want to discuss this anymore. I want this out of here," Deputy Mayor Frank Gambatese said as four members of the council killed a draft ordinance that…
-

Warsh says there is no stopping MOM line now NJ Transit chief insists it will be a ‘life-line’ for opposing towns By charles w. kim T he Monmouth-Ocean-Middlesex commuter rail line will steam ahead at full speed, according to NJ Transit Executive Director Jeffrey Warsh. "We are moving ahead," Warsh said in a telephone interview…
-

Darius Lumpkin South Brunswick High School basketball team member Darius Lumpkin shows staff and parent team member Josie Velez a move during a fun game at Indian Fields Elementary School in South Brunswick last week. SEAN GUTHRIDGE
-

S.B. official apologizes Luciano expresses regret for remark to rabbi By charles w. kim S outh Brunswick Councilman Edmund Luciano apologized publicly Tuesday night for comments made to Rabbi David Eligberg during a heated debate about holiday displays last month. "I offer my apology. I am very sorry," Luciano said during Tuesday night’s Township Council…
-

N.B. council introduces ban on nude dancing Virgo’s, meanwhile, appeals liquor license denial By craig yetsko N orth Brunswick is taking a cue from a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling to tackle public nudity. At Monday’s Township Council meeting, an ordinance which would "combat crime and eliminate the negative secondary effects caused by the presence…
